Below are some of the frequently asked questions and queries the EU 4 Independent Journalism project gets asked regarding the open call for investigative journalism content production support.
- Eligibility criteria – in how many countries should the applicant be operating in?
Eligible applicants should be catering for audiences in at least one of the 6 beneficiary countries, and can also be operating in exile.
- Eligibility criteria – how do we provide proof of investigative experience?
In the section of the online application form that calls for the team members’ CVs please add links to at least 3 previous investigations (either by the media outlet or team members) in the team leader’s CV.
- Eligibility criteria – can non-profit organizations apply?
Non-profit applications are welcome, however an eligible non-profit should be working in the field of freedom of expression, media development, independent content production or be a professional journalist association and publish content on at least one platform.
- How long is the production period?
The total length of the production period, including research, is 14 months.
- Can one outlet propose more than one investigation?
More than one application from the same team is allowed, each proposal will be judged on the merit of its quality, the experience of the team and the viability of the budget and production calendar.